From:
Kathryn Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2007 14:17:30 -0700
Meta-analysis says low LDL cholesterol may be associated with greater risk of cancer
Janice Hopkins Tanne

New York

      The first 150 words of the full text of this article appear below.

Patients with low concentrations of low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, lowered as a result of taking statins, are at significantly more risk of being diagnosed as having cancer compared with patients with higher concentrations of the cholesterol, according to a meta-analysis of 23 large studies of statins (Journalof the American College of Cardiology 2007;5:409-18).

Sorry, I can't cite the full text of this article....it requires a subscription/payment.  But...  I find the idea of interest because I have read some good, current research the last few yrs. re. the lack of vit. D in women and the presence of breast cancer.

So, if we accept that we convert sunlight to vit. D only if we have sufficient cholesterol in our bodies and that low cholesterol would mean low vit. D absorption, we can see why low LDL may contribute to cancer.  I don't know if the article states anything re. cholesterol that is low naturally, i.e. without statin use.

Kath