From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 20:39:31 +0000
On Jan 16, 2006, at 4:51 pm, David Fobare wrote:

> Still, my own nascent experience with intermittent fasting has
> shown me the error of the "3 squares" way. And Mattson's IF studies
> have shown clear benefits even when total caloric consumption
> remains level. This I think is most interesting and deserving of
> further study.

IF is great.  I get to absolutely stuff my face in the evening which
suits me fine!  I love buying pieces of pork that Tesco sees fit for
"5-6 people" and eat it myself in about 45 minutes :D

Plus I find I do better if I don't eat in the day.  I use my hunger
as a barometer for how my health is doing- when I started paleo I was
in a bit of a state and I often got hungry, tired and weak.
Sometimes I could barely work.  Even in the last 6 months or so I've
noticed a huge improvement that is masked a bit when I eat during the
day.  Also, I don't like eating small meals any more.  I do
sometimes, but by and large I feel irritated that I didn't get a
decent meal.  Generally, once I've started eating, my appetite gears
up to take in 2000 calories over the next hour or two.  This happens
whether I eat at 3pm or 9pm.

In a year or two I plan to start skipping whole days on a regular
basis.  I'd rather eat 20% less and spend the difference on better
quality food.

Ashley