From:
Lurisia Dale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:18:57 -0800
Kim,

That is truly awesome.  I congratulate you, and I
surely do not want to dissuade you from results like
that.  I too have a close family member that continues
to acheive great results with Atkins and without
exercise (he's lost over 50 lbs) and loves it.
However, while he is no longer heavy, he is also not
extremely lean.  My comments and suggestions were
intended for a fat loss program for someone whose
ultimate goal is to become ripped, or truly
athletically slender, which usually means having body
fat under 10% (if you are a man) or between 15% and
20% (if you are woman).

If your goal is simply to maintain a healthy weight,
there is certainly nothing wrong with that.  My only
point is that if IF your goal is to become
exceptionally lean, Atkins is probably not the best
way.  I know many athletes and weight lifters, and
I've never met one (though there probably are a few
somewhere) who uses the Atkins diet on a regular
basis.  You simply cannot train hard enough to get the
results you want without carbohydrate fuel.

In any case, I congratulate you again.  Losing 120 lbs
is a truly amazing achievement on any diet, and I am
deeply impressed by anyone who has done it.  Out of
curiosity, are you still on Atkins, or have you
switched to a more paleo-type diet?  How have your
results been?

Lurisia

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html