From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:12:52 -0500
Wilkinson Jens wrote:
> --- Stardust <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>I on the other hand am type A blood also and can't
>>eat much red meats because I can't digest it.  What
>>I find to be very strange is when I do eat red meat
>>I tend to bleed internally.  Does anyone have an
>>explanation on why this occurs?  Could this be the
>>reason why I tend to be animic?
>>
>>Maddalena

I have had blood in my stool but it comes more from inflammation near
the rectum....I can tell because the blood is very red and fresh. When I
eat a lot of peanuts or legumes, or lots of bread etc. this will happen.
When I get back to paleo it disappears. "Bad" foods for me cause these
symptoms. I am sure that I have a lot of colon inflammation and probably
hyper-permeability during these times. I did go to a doctor a long time
ago and had some tests but then I figured out that eating psyillium
fiber every day really helped. Later on I discovered Atkins and then
paleo and found the foods that I should avoid.

If blood is in your stool, and the blood is dark, that means it came
from further up your system and should be investigated medically.

--Richard