From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 11:04:03 -0500
On Wed, 7 Aug 2002 08:41:11 -0500, Paleogal <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I can only speak from a personal point of view on this.  I was a vegetarian
>for the better part of four years, occasional fish and I was very
>combative.
>The grains/carbs caused me such moods and aggitation.  Since going lowcarb
>am much more tolerant, calm, energetic and peaceful

I have heard similar before and can beleave it.
However this is about carbohydrate (misuse) or not.
It's not directly connected to vegetarianism.
As Todd pointed out, it would even be possible to go lowcarb as a
vegetarian (I didn't test).
I am vegetarian and have a high percentage of calories from fat.
I just looked up one of my dayplans and found 11% protein, 36% carb and 53%
calories from fat (usually around 40%). I bet even with 90% stone age carbs
you wouldn't have had a problem.

I really congratulate you to have found a way escaping bad moods and
joint aches. I can beleave it was due to grains causing the
intolerance/allergy.

>and yes, I find hunting
>to be far more peaceful than farming. There is nothing violent about
>killing
>an animal for food.

Eating it or not, I wouldn't like to kill a fish or rabbit or any food
animal. Except if there would be no other option left.
I can shoot with a machine gun, a rifle and a handgun, with good results,
and it was fun to learn it. But I couldn't fire the gun on a cow.
I couldn't shoot at a human as well, or course, except in the case when
someone would attack violently one of my family or myself,
*and* there would be no other option left.

I asked:
>>How far is the step between shooting a deer and shooting at a>
>>stranger human? It happened to our ice man.

>There is a *huge* difference here.  Killing a deer is for feeding ones
>self/family, killing a human being is murder.  Oliva

There *is* a huge and fundamental difference.
But how far is the *step* between shooting a deer
or shooting at a bad, evil, wrongful, dangerous, mislead enemy, a stranger?

The technique is the same.
You aim the bow, and release the arrow. The animal is dead. Just a animal.
You aim the bow, and release the arrow. The enemy is dead. Just a enemy.
The difference is only to find the right justification
"why I am allowed or even compelled" to do it.

At war, people find a lot of justifications why "I am allowed or even
compelled" to kill a human. Ernest Hemmingway personally killed over 120
humans at war. Enemies. On a good purpose. Enough justification?

In Rwanda several 100,000 Tutsis, humans, were killed by Hutus, humans.
Why? Impossible for us to imagine a justification for that.
They justified it for themselves, I'm shure.

Maybe in the year 3500 BC a band raided the little village of our iceman
in the Schnalstal. Maybe they had no other choice to get food.
*We* would condemn that.
They justified it for themselves, I'm shure.

regards

Amadeus S.