From:
Tracy Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jun 2009 10:29:42 -0400
Geoff sez:

> For example it's been suggested by many scientists  that highly processed=
> foods are a key factor behind obesity=2C so there's no reason to suppose
> that less-heavily processed foods such as boiled grassfed meats  don't also =
> cause obesity in a similiar fashion.
Why assume it's the fact they they are 'processed' as opposed to what
they actually consist of, ingredient-wise? Speaking anecdotally, I've
lost 30lbs eating cooked meat and fat (and previously, cooked veg) and I
know, personally, many others who have done so as well. Scientifically,
one can go back 100 years or so and see the results of a diet of cooked
meats, fats, veg (and even dairy) on obese people. I don't doubt that
processed foods are a culprit in obesity, but it seems (from the
evidence we have) that it's isn't the cooked part that's the problem,
it's what those foods consist of -- wheat and other grains, vegetable
oils, etc etc and so forth.