From:
Kenny Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 11:32:20 -0800
You seem real
> interested in "increased
> activity". What's the hurry?
>

> `

what i meant by the increased activity is the ability
of the body to convert the stored fat into the useable
forms of energy(Ketones, blood glucose...and so on)
What has happened to me in the past is that during
very intense training or racing, I tend to "bonk" or
run out of blood sugar in events lasting over 2 hours.
This is characterized by the things I listed earlier,
diziness, cloudy vision, muscle cramping and is severe
cases loss of hearing and slurred speach.  This is the
reason so many companies like powerbar make gels and
bars.

I havent yet had the chance to really put the
paleodiet to the test in my training.  But now that I
am in a warmer climate this will happen.  What I was
hoping for was that you could save me a great deal of
experimental time.

Since carbs are a faster source of energy, relative to
fat, they can be broken down faster and enter the
blood stream more easily.  Thus hopefully preventing
the bonk.  My plans for eating durning race/training
is to eat bananas and raisins along with pemmican for
really long rides and use diluted pineapple juice as
my fluid replacement.

Have any suggestions?

=====
-kb.