From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 11:13:50 -0500
On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Marianne Fuller wrote:

> The thing I liked about this
> diet was the seeming simplicity: eat lots of lean meat, fruit, vegetables,
> and nuts. Now it's starting to seem so complex I dream of going back to
> PowerBars - they are totally unhealthy but I still have brain cells
> available for other things than what I eat! What am I missing about all
> this?

The thing you're missing is that the simple versions of the diet
don't work for everybody.  In my own case, for example, obesity
is an issue.  My first attempt at paleo was Neanderthin, high-fat
implementation.  I did lose a bit of weight at first (I had lost
a good deal of weight prior to this on the Zone), but I gradually
began to regain weight.  The regain was very slow, but
inexorable.  And, for those who concern themselves with such
things, my LDL cholesterol soared.  Others, such as Dori, have
also had weight issues not resolved by Neanderthin.  Yet others
have had other difficulties, so we resort to various variations
and modifications, to see if we can get better results.  That's
where the complications come from.

Todd Moody