From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 22:46:41 -0400
On Sat, 10 Jul 1999, Anna L. Abrante wrote:

> If there is no
> proof,
> IMO there is no evidence.

There may not be proof without evidence, but there is certainly
evidence without proof.  A quick read on the subject is my book,
_Does God Exist_? (Hackett, 1996)

As for your question as to why a person following an
"evolutionary" diet might also follow a "modern" religion, here
are some considerations.

1.  Contrary to your statement, some commentators believe that
paleolithic people *are* mentioned in the Bible.  In Genesis
4:16-17 we learn that Cain, having made himself unpopular at
home, moved to Nod and got married.  Who were the people of Nod?
It has been suggested (e.g., Gerald Schroeder, _The Science of
God_) that they were Neanderthal.

2.  Another possibility is that Ray's facetious religious
symbolism in Neanderthin is actually more or less accurate.  That
is, the Bible records the "fall" from the ideal hunter-gatherer
state to the "cursed" state of agriculture: "And unto Adam he
said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and
hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou
shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow
shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life" (Gen 3:17).  On
this view, the paleodiet is an attempt to recapture a bit of
pre-Fall living.

Todd Moody