From:
Rob Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 22:16:21 -0400
> She says she's been staying at induction level but has only lost 3 lbs.
> Anybody venture a guess why the weight's not dropping off?  She's about 50
lbs

" When people eat foods to which they are reactive, they invariably suffer
(1) tissue swelling, (2) abdominal bloating, and (3) metabolic disturbances
that cause weight gain.

The tissue swelling and abdominal bloating create a false fat that looks
exactly like fat, but is not "true fat", or adipose tissue.  This false fat
often adds the appearance of an extra 10 to 25 pounds.  The food reactions
that cause false fat are almost never corrected by conventional weight loss
diets.

In addition, metabolic disturbances caused by food reactions create not just
fat, but also true fat.  They create excess adipose tissue by disrupting the
metabolism, by disturbing hormonal balance, and by creating intense food
cravings.  Millions of people have become obese because of these factors.

When my patients go on the False Fat Diet, most of them lose the false fat
of bloating and swelling very quickly and then lose their extra adipose
tissue gradually and steadily.  Other diets fail to keep the weight off
permanently because they ignore the terrible burden that food reactions
place upon the body.  When this burden is removed, most patients respond
wonderfully well.

Food reactions are not the only reason people gain weight.  However, they
are an extremely important reason - one that has gone largely unreported,
except in the medical literature.  In actuality, an estimated 80 to 90% of
all significantly overweight people suffer from these reactions and can lose
weight if the condition is corrected.

Food reactions consist of food allergies and food sensitivities, which are
similar to allergies.  Some doctors refer to all food reactions as
allergies, but most physicians feel that the term reactions is more
accurate, because it's more inclusive.  Strictly speaking, classic food
allergies are relatively rare.  Food sensitivities, however, are extremely
common.

The incidence of food allergies and sensitivities has recently begun to
increase dramatically for several reasons.  The primary reason is that we
eat too many staples, such as wheat, eggs, and milk, which exhaust our
bodies abilities to digest them.  Also, we eat too many packaged, processed
foods, which are loaded with reactive fillers and chemicals, such as corn
syrup, wheat gluten, and MSG.  Obesity and digestive problems, both very
common health problems nowadays, also contribute to food reactions." (p 5 -
6)

source: The False Fat Diet, Elson Haas, MD

Rob