From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 13:07:24 -0700
On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 14:44:50 -0500, Matt Baker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> [...]

With any product, one has to depend to a certain extent upon the labeling and
description of the product by the manufacturer (although this is less so with
Paleo foods, but even then, one has no way of following around individual
cattle and watching whether they eat grass or grains, and has to take the word
of the supplier).

With that in mind, Sears Labs states:

" Pharmaceutical grade fish oil has some very distinct characteristics as
listed below:

Concentration of EPA and DHA > 60%
Ratio of EPA/AA > 25:1
Concentration of PCB’s < 10 ppb/g
Because of these tight specifications, the supply of this type of
pharmaceutical-grade fish oil is very limited since it takes 100 kg. of
health-food grade fish oil to make 1 kg. of pharmaceutical-grade fish oil. "

PS  Personally, I use "Dale Alexander's Omega 3 Concentrate" because I take
enough of them that I can't afford the Sears Labs ones.   However, if I had an
active illness that I was trying to reduce or cure, I might be less concerned
about price...

--
Cheers,

Ken