Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 07:45:50 -0400
Sarah Bauermeister <[log in to unmask]> posted:
>>I am feeling really well but have a few concerns which I hope someone can help
me with. I am now weighing less that when I became pregnant (104lbs), have
low blood pressure 80/45 and my fingers and face look yellow.  I also have
an achy
feeling in my kidney area.  I am breastfeeding my baby and seem to have lots
of milk.  We are worried that I have a protein overload, is this possible.

Dear Sarah,
It sounds like you may have jaundice.  There are Chinese herbs that are very
effective in relieving liver and gall bladder "problems," including not only
jaundice but also hepatitis, and others.  I would suggest that you consult a
certified herbalist and practitioner of Chinese Medicine in your area.  If
you live in a major city, where there is an acupuncture college, you should
have no problem finding such a practitioner.

It sounds like you are already eating fruits and vegetables, which provide
carbohydrate.  Without knowing more about the quantity of various foods you
eat, no one can say whether you are lacking in carbohydrates (which you
asked about).  It would not be necessary to "go back onto all the carbos
again" but you may need to adjust the amounts of some foods you are eating.

If you experience bloating, burping, gas, and distention in your liver/gall
bladder area after eating meals containing large amounts of fat and/or
protein, then you may need to reduce these, increase the vegetables and
fruits, and take herbs that support the flow of bile, which may be
obstructed.  I really think it would be best to consult a qualified health
care practitioner and have seen great results with herbs, when used under
the guideance of a well trained herbalist.  Don't guess on your own.

Healthfully,

Rachel