From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 00:36:54 +0000
>I have come to believe that lack of omega-3 is modern man's biggest
>remaining hurdle once the forbidden foods have been eliminated.
>(Corrections, argument, debate welcome...)

>> Is it worth the risk of getting who knows what from contamination?
>
>Is it worth the risk of disease from lack of omega-3?

>I welcome discussion on any of these issues...
>
>bye for now,
>Jim

Jim, I tend to agree these days aout the importance of Omega 3. I also
don't feel that vegetable sources are anywhere near as effective as animal
ones. I supplement with salmon oil, but I also eat grassfed beef and home
raised free range eggs. I eat raw-to-rare liver, heart, brains from pork,
lamb, and beef, not every day, but totally without concern. I prefer
grassfed, but have never gotten ill from meat from any source. I feed my
dog raw, and only mention this to say that I am not at all paranoid, maybe
not even careful, about the raw chicken, turkey, green tripe, pork, and
things that have been lying about the yard.

The worst I've ever gotten is a bit of food poisoning that is quickly
thrown off. I remain unconvinced that there is major risk or an epidemic
going on to which I am exposing myself. I do think that I have developed a
kick-ass immune system from these sorts of exposures. I'll become afraid if
and when I get good evidence, but there's no way I would ever stop eating
according to what I see as Paleo, which includes meat, bone and organs.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!