From:
"Anna L. Abrante" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 21:54:13 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

>  > and the foods that
>  >were good to get us to reproduction faster are actually BAD for us
>  afterwards.
>  >This is collaborated by the fact that we get our periods earlier than
ever
> in
>  >history,
>
>  That is due to the high grain diet. Totally unnatural to our systems.

From what I understand, this is a very recent phenomenon in our history.
We've been eating grains for 10,000yrs or so, the early periods are only
in the last few hundred at most.  What happened to our foods in the last
couple hundred years?,,,,more importantly, in the last 100???  IMO,
this is our biggest change, even bigger than becoming agriculturalists.

>  >to be?" The only way to answer that, is to look
>  >at the longest living people on the planet....and this is my area of
> research
>  >now.
>
>  And as I've pointed out the data is so poor in these cultures that those
>  arguing for their pet cause can twist things to their advantage.
>
>  Don.

That can be said about anything.  Especially something 40,000 yrs old with
only remnant evidence left behind.  My understanding is that food itself
rarely
leaves traces....we have bones...not much else....evolution itself has yet to
be
*proven*....although it does appear obvious, and any educated person can
see the logic of it.

  And as for data being poor.....we can talk to
centurians today about their lifestyles...both HG and not, you'll never get
talk to a paleolithic period person.  The theory of what was eaten then, is
still,,just a theory.  Yes they can compare the types of societies they come
from
by bones, yes they can see some differences with the diets...but as someone
pointed out to me a while back on this list when I naively asked what
foods existed in paleo times so that I can try to replicate the diet.......
."the idea of paleo eating
isn't to eat foods that existed in paleo times.....because there is no way to
know
 what existed then and you can never replicate the atmosphere, flora
and fauna as it was, the land was totally different...... the idea is to eat
as closely
 as possible to what
might have been...a natural diet before any processing was possible...."
The old *naked with a stick* thing.

I agree with paleo eating, I think it's the smartest thing to happen to
eating since
the discovery of fire 8-).....but I don't believe it is the only option for a
long and healthy
life.

Anna L. Abrante
"....the more things change,