From:
Peter Borden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 22:33:41 -0500
>Greetings,
>Sounds like a rough road to be sure.  You may want to try doing what I did
>sometime ago to clearly identify and hopefully clear some of your
allergies.
>I hope you like chicken.  :-)
>I started out by eating nothing but chicken breasts for a whole week.
Make
>sure they are fresh and have no additives.  Use only salt, pepper and
just a
>touch of olive oil ( cold pressed ) to cook them.  After 7 days of this
>torture then you can add one item per day to see if you can handle certain
>things.

I'm actually planning to start something similar this week. I'll basically
be eating turkey and chicken, and using fish oils for supplemental n-3's.

>This gives your body a chance to clear out and get straight.  If something
>you eat messes with you then wait 24 full hours before adding another
item.
>I would start with adding the paleo meats and move to veggie juices after
>that.  The juices may do better for you simply because the lack of fiber
is
>easier to digest.  This also gives the gut time to regroup.
>
>Again this is just a suggestion, but it worked for me and I found my real
>problem foods.  Right now I have actually moved on to 100% raw paleo and
am
>doing even better.  You may also want to consider that path if you are
>having real problems digesting.  All the raw enzymes really help out in
that
>area.   However raw paleo is not for everyone.   :-)

I'm actually fascinated with the idea of a raw paleo diet. One of my
problems is that i'm a college student and can't afford grassfed meats
considering the amount of meat I do eat, so I buy foods in bulk on sale. I
know commercial beef, chicken, etc is fed an unnatural diet and that
they're loaded with hormones and a greater risk of other bacteria, so I
doubt it would be safe to eat a raw food diet from commercial meats. I've
also considered getting a juicer for vegetables, perhaps this would help
with my digestion. Thank you for the feedback.
Pete