From:
James Crocker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 19:51:06 -0500
Any speculation on how much sunlight a person needs/day, as far as keeping the circadian cycle in
tune, and for vitamin D production?

There is obviously some variation, for skin tone, cleanliness, even amount of hair I suppose.

Considering how much many people avoid the sun these days I am just curious if they are over doing
it, and not receiving enough rays for normal health.

I am stuck inside my office building the whole work day unless I get out and walk around the
building.  Last year I think I started suffering from some light depravation.  I realized it had
been days and even weeks on end since I got very much sun at all.  Not a good feeling.

James
"I think there's a world market for
 about five computers."
    -Thomas Watson (Founder of IBM)