From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:22:37 -0400
Mike Knickerbocker wrote:

 >Total cholesterol 358
 >triglycerides 105
 >LDL 259
 >HDL 78

Your cholesterol ratios aren't so bad. The TC/HDL is 4.6. That beats a lot
of people. And the TG:HDL at 1.35 is very good. Some believe this last one
is the most important.

 > Anyway, I'll be testing again soon so we'll see if I've
 >been able to make any difference.

What I suggest is getting your homocysteine and CRP tested. Cholesterol is
just one marker for future problems, and a questionable one at that. So
argue that you want to see more adverse signs before becoming concerned
with your cholesterol level.

 >4 slices thick bacon,

I'd cut out all the bacon. Despite what Audette says the chemicals in it
aren't paleo. Instead you can cook up some ground beef, or pork, and eat
that with your eggs. North Star Bison sells ground bison in frozen one
pound tubes. If you put one in the refrigerator the night before, in the
morning it will be semi-frozen and easy to mark and slice into eights. Two
of those slices can be fried in the pan before the eggs. You don't have to
fry much. Being raw in the middle is fine.

Don.