From:
P & L Ventura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 13:16:13 -0400
Hi Judy.

This is just my preference, but with most big animal hearts
(beef, bison, deer, pork, etc.) I just either throw it whole
a crock pot with a little water and roast it slowly all day,
or else I oven roast it at around 275 F. for an hour or two,
depending on the size.  Kind of just like a roast--toss in
an onion, maybe some carrots, parsely, parsnips, chunked
rutabaga--whatever you like.  Makes a delicious broth too.
If you want to be fancy, you can go to the trouble of
cutting out the rubbery vessels first and stuffing the
chopped veggies inside and roasting it that way.  (Sorry I
have nothing fancier for you, but hearts were always my
favorite organ meat, and I think they're just yummy plain
with a dash of salt.)

Lois

P.S.  I'll have to try that Mr. Pickwicks sometime when I
get back up that way.  (We have a place about 10 minutes
from us here that occasionally serves rattlesnake, elk and
who know what else, but we don't frequent it 'cause it's
beyond our cave-budget of rock and wood scraps :-)