From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 08:26:08 -0600
Please do not take this in the wrong way.  Tone is hard to convey in email
and I'm sure I might come across as a serious smarty pants in this message.
I am not a doctor or nutritionist.  I am just trying to understand.

There seem to be on this list numerous and very dry conversations -- from
my perspective of ignorance -- about things such as blood sugar levels,
insulin resistance, blood type, and how the consumption of holly berries
affects the gross national product of Guatamala.  I follow a paleo diet as
prescribed by Ray Audette.  A typical day's meal might consist of eggs and
apples fried in the grease of uncured bacon for breakfast, flank steak and
a pear for lunch, and green tea and a whole rotisserie chicken for dinner.
And as I've said in previous messages, I add an occasional fast to my diet
and do full body, high intensity training with weights two times a week.  I
have never felt better since I started eating paleo and, according to my
doctor, my blood cholesterol has improved dramatically and my blood
pressure is excellent.

Given my current dietary course, can someone explain to me if and why I
should concern myself with, for instance, considerations of insulin
resistance?  Assuming that medicine's not my hobby, that all I want to do
is live a healthy lifestyle, why should I care?

Thanks so much!

Jim "the Ignorant" Swayze