From:
Frances Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 21:49:58 +0100
>From:    Andrew <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Milk

>if there is no negative health reaction you can't have grounds for calling
>it
>a craving/addiction.

I don't know about this. Intolerance to certain foods can be sub clinical. The
body can fight its effects for many years before immune diseases strike and
many other syndromes for which there is no known cause. I only discovered my
own intolerances 2 to 3 years ago after 20 years of being told I had lone
atrial fibrillation and seizures - for which there was no known cause. By
going strict paleo it has all stopped.

>Another observation about the cat and kittens was that the mother let
>them take milk for a very long period, about 4 months, far longer than the
>textbook figure [6 weeks?].
>their mad-capped behaviour stopped as soon as they stopped taking milk
>from the mother.

I can relate to this too. My own cat had many litters of kittens one after the
other (shes been done now as we couldn't cope with them all). One time my
sister took the whole litter for friends. My cat looked everywhere for them
and when she could not find them she allowed one of her last litter, by this
time a big Tom still living with us, to start suckling again. You never ever
saw anything so strange as a cat twice her size feeding from the teat.

Fran

   Scotland's Free Internet Service Provider