From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 00:59:19 -0700
>Cooking meat over an open fire is far more hazardous than microwaving

what is less hazardous ,hitting your head with a hammer or with a baseball
bat?...

.  Cooked
>meat is still far safer than raw due to the reduced risk of bacterial
>contamination>

it sems that every time there is bacterial contamination of foods in public
place , cooked food are involved!
a cooked piece of meat if not handle properly is way more subject to
bacterial risk than a raw piece of meat .Also,  a " naturaly raised "meat is
able to ripen  for way longer than a commercial meat before getting bad.
for sure it is more likely to find problems with cooked commercial meat
than  raw natural meat  because it is the norm, but the few places that are
serving good natural raw meat to raw food eaters ( some for many years to a
great number of peoples)  never encountered problems.
I myself eat raw meat ( often very very aged ) for 11 years full time and
all my life occasionally and never had one problem ( except vomiting one
time , salmon or getting diarrhea from overipe lamb an other time ,that is
all)
And i bought meat , in a very controversial  state for american standard,
like on the ground in markets in  India.( served with 2 hands ,one being
used to whipe their bum every morning)
jean-claude