From:
Cheyenne Loon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 09:17:15 -0400
Amadeus wrote:>
> And boiled with hot stones inserted into the bag, yes.
> This may give some kind of (slightly) boiled meat.
> I'm not shure why to do it - I mean if the heat is enough to kill off
> bugs and parasites.
>
> I don't know if stomachs and bladders could be used more often.
> Surely somebody or some experimenting archeologists have tried it.

Amadeus, I was just talking to a Chippewa geologist, who mentioned that West
Coast Canadian Natives (Haida?? I'll have to check) used to mine native
copper found in the area, which they then beat into useful implements....
They also traded their copper to other tribes.  So there was limited use of
metal pots in some hg cultures.  [In case there weren't enough skulls to go
around ;-) ].

Cheyenne