Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 13:30:27 +0200
David Lewandowski wrote:

> At 11:43 PM 05/15/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >Wow - I think we are all in agreement on virtually all points!
>
>         Anyone that is making significant gains naturally is most likely training
> this way.
>

> >I would disagree though, with Justin, on just the post workout meal aspect -
> >here is a quote on this subject:
>
>         I also disagree with the recommendation of eating carbs post workout. I
> agree with Sears following statements but strongly disagree with 40% of
> calories from carbs or that you need more carbs if you are an athlete. You
> might eat more carbs than a non athlete but only because you are eating
> more calories not because the percentage of carbs is greater. I eat about
> 4-6000 calories a day depending on appetite. About 10% of my calories come
> from carbs and this equates to between 4-600 calories or about 100 grams of
> carbs. This is much more than some would think is low carb eating but is
> the same percentage.

Hi, all.

Here is quite an in-depth study about hormonal responses depending on the supplement,
that was ingested after workout:
http://parrillo.com/sng/sngb59.htm

They compared supplements of either  carbs alone, protein alone or a combination of
carbs and protein.
They observed insulin, growth hormone, testosterone etc. levels for several hours
after the workout.
The conclusion they got: carb-protein combination works best in terms of insulin AND
growth hormone release.

Mateja

PS: I am not a bodybuilder and do not have an opinion on this subject at all.