From:
Aileen Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 10:13:21 -0500
From: "Paleogal" <[log in to unmask]>
> "the development of skin cancer has also been reported to be related to
> dietary factors, including dietary lipids.

which is why skin cancer rates have skyrocketed over the past 20 years or
so, with dermatologists insisting we stay indoors, cover ourselves or
slather our bodies with chemically-laden sunscreens.  Even before going
paleo it never made any sense to me - it seemed natural to me that we should
be out in the sun.  Most animals live in the sunshine and before
civilization our forbears did also.

Even people who don't get alot of sun but are stricken with skin cancer
acquire it quite often on places of their bodies not exposed to the sun's
rays, which shows it's not the sun in most cases but a dietary factor
involved.

Now that I eat right, or try to for the most part, I haven't gotten any more
than a good tan this summer, maybe a little redness if I stay out too long.
I tan easily but in the past I got sunburnt past that.

Aileen