From:
David Lewandowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 09:47:35 -0700
At 07:32 PM 08/10/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>>From: Mark Labbee
>
>>Boy!!! You really don't eat much do you. I weigh 125lbs soaking wet and I
>>eat on average between 150 and 200 grams of protein and fat and maybe 100
>>grams or so of carbs a day from fruit mostly.
>
>Sigh.  Must be nice.  Who knew JFK was referring to human metabolism when he
>said "Life's not always fair."
>
>Dori Zook
>Denver, CO

        Dori,

   Have you tried upping your caloric intake for a period of at least 3
months while also doing very intense anaerobic interval weight training?
Both of these will greatly increase your BMR. This is because your BMR is
almost entirely based on the caloric needs of the muscle mass you carry. If
you are on a starvation level of calories(also does bad things to your
adrenals and thyroid) muscle is seen as a luxury to your body and thus your
BMR drops in accordance to this. I usually recommend that even sedentary
individuals start at 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight a day
unless extremely obese and observe what changes they notice as far as
muscle mass and metabolism are concerned.
   Not eating after the sun goes down and getting most of your calories in
the morning and midday hours helps. Spreading the calories out so they are
eaten in about 3 hour intervals, working out on a empty stomach early
morning, keeping carbs at a 5-8% of total calories, daily exposure to
sunlight over as much unclothed area as possible, increasing mineral
intake, meditating and stretching, are the most important things I have
found for maintaining/losing bodyfat and keeping muscle. They have been the
fundamentals for me for more than 20 years, so I am sure you as well as
many others would benefit from practicing them.

Dave