From:
Bill Dooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 16:54:02 -0800
Erik Hill wrote:

> Actually, "Eat Right 4 Your Type" does not work as paleo, except that the "type O" diet is nearly paleo.

That's true, but D'Adamo may still have something to add. For example,
my blood type is B-, and he says I should avoid chicken. If true, that's
surprising and unwelcome information. Trouble is, there's no way to
judge by personal experience, if one has no immediate negative reaction
to a given food. Chicken doesn't bother me. Neither does Wonder bread.
So, I have to rely on science to tell me what's best in the long run.

Moreover, I really can't evaluate rigorously all the competing claims
from apparently reliable sources, so I have to make an overall judgment
about what's reasonable and likely to be true, and then pick a course.
Paleo fits for me, but I'm still scratching my head about chicken. ;-)

Bill Dooley