From:
Theola Walden Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 18:26:20 -0500
From: "Susan Carmack"
> Does the Atkins Diet not include dairy? That could be the problem.

I thought about this as a possibility and (lightly) mentioned it to her that
some people stall with dairy, but I don't want to say too much of don't do
this or don't do that because she wants to do it "by the book."  And dairy
is a familiar comfort food to her.  Going from (sugar heavy) vegetarian to
Atkins is such a huge change for her that there's bound to be a lot of
adjustments, physical and behavioral, that will take time.

> The
> Atkins site is loaded with high sugar/grain products. It is amazing.

Yeah, I've noticed there's a lot of Atkins junk food out there.
Secretary/Felicia was all gung ho to get some and try it out, but I told she
could save her money and didn't need it to do the diet.  Told her to stick
with real food.  She was asking about sugar alcohols a few days ago and I
told her it sounded like she wanted to get some candy.  It kind of
embarrassed her but she got my point that junk food, whether LC or not, is
not nutrition.  I'm trying to steer her away from diet sodas, too.  Gee, I
bet all of you can figure out what direction I'm steering her.  <g>

Theola