From:
Lurisia Dale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:39:07 -0800
> Also on TV last night by this same personal trainer who made a comment about
> your body eating muscle, he said not to eat more than 2-3 oz of protein at a
> time because your body couldn't metabolize it.
>
> Kim

This is simply not true.  Just pick up any book on strength training or ask any
trainer (aside from the one above, apparently), coach, athlete, or body builder.
When you are doing heavy strength training, it is usually recommended that you
at AT LEAST one gram of protein per lb of body weight each day (though I suppose
this would not apply if you are seriously obese).  In any case, as you seem to
be serious about learning more about this subject, you should know that the
above is absolutely false.