From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 07:57:53 -0700
Richard Keene wrote:

> Here is a step in the wrong direction...
> http://dailynews.yahoo.com/headlines/bs/story.html?s=v/nm/19990708/bs/health_grains_1.html

It is interesting how the "benifits" of consuming whole grains mathematically correlates with the amount of
undigestable material (cellulose)contained within them.  This leads me to believe that if you replaced all of
the grain with pure cellulose (say paper) you would derive the maximum benifit.  Of course, you could just let
the grain sprout into grass which contains a much higher percentage of cellulose than even whole grain does.
Grass is a great laxitive but has almost no nutritional value.

Of course, I don't recomend eating paper(although if it's consumed in the form of books it can benifit you
greatly).

Ray Audette
Author "NeanderThin"