From:
Erik Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 22:13:18 -1000
It appears that certain not-very-vegetarian foods are high in B12,
according to my database.

For example, "BEEF".  At least, the liver.

I have a food database so extensive that it actually lists roasted
beaver, and several other ways of preparing beaver.  Note that beaver is
also rather high in vitamin B12.  Game meats of various types are up
there too.

What was the other one?  B6?  Lesse...

The highest one (B6 / calorie) is, um...  well, it's this:
ORANGE-FLAVOR DRK,KRAFT,TANG SUGAR FREE LO CAL DRK MIX

That's right.  Tang.  Immediately AFTER Tang *cough* *cough* are the
following five in descending order:

BALSAM-PEAR (BITTER GOURD),LEAFY TIPS,RAW
BALSAM-PEAR (BITTER GOURD),LEAFY TIPS,CKD,BLD,DRND,WO/SALT
NEW ZEALAND SPINACH,RAWBALSAM-PEAR (BITTER GOURD),LEAFY
TIPS,CKD,BLD,DRND,W/SALT
NEW ZEALAND SPINACH,CKD,BLD,DRND,WO/SALT
NEW ZEALAND SPINACH,CKD,BLD,DRND,W/SALT

Except for the added salt, it seems quite paleo to me.  Three cereals
are listed, then it's on to various spinahes, pumpkin leaves, various
peppers, horshradish and cabbage, watercress and taro shoots! (which I
love), followed by a hundred or two more wonderful paleo foods..  The
vast majority of the top contenders for both B12 and B6 in terms of
nutrient level/calorie are paleo.

Of course, one could always become a Tangatarian.

Erik