Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 15:49:05 -0700
Saturday night without much in my stomach I went out with friends and
did drink a bit of alcohol-- not a LOT mind you, as I'm a light drinker
and usually the canary in the coal mine in terms of needing at least 8
hours sleep, fresh water and my jammies.

Along with waking up with a serious craving for spring water, I craved
sushi. Well, wound up at a deli where I ordered lox (that's salmon, raw
I'm pretty sure) and veggies (onions, tomato slices, capers). Well, I
felt awful when I started to eat but within half an hour (actually
quicker than that) I felt fantastic and all traces of hangover
vanished... something I don't think would have happened if I had other
types of food.

Today I read on another mail list that, if I recall correctly,
preferential absorption of 'the good fats'-- EFAs-- occurs best after a
fast (otherwise they compete in your system with less favorable fats).
I'm betting my raw fish craving had to do with the Omega 3's in there--
and also my brighter-than-usual mood in the afternoon. It was
interesting. Maybe that's why the Russians do their vodka with
caviar???? (I have no idea if there are EFAs in caviar of course).

Donna