From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 09:37:44 -0600
> I found this article in my local paper and am not sure what to make of it.
> Judy
>
> Study Links Fats to Breast Cancer
> Young women who eat a lot of meat, cheese and other foods rich in animal fat
> may be increasing their risk of breast cancer, a new study has found.
>
> This study, a large one involving more than 90,000 nurses, found no link

As someone else pointed out, statistically this study is somewhat
suspect.  Another issue could be that most if not all of the meat and dairy
the women were eating came from animals treated with hormones,
antibiotics, etc. etc. and fed on quantities of grain and soy.
High hormone levels are well-known to increase cancer levels.

Lynnet