From:
Philip Thrift <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 06:33:22 -0500
On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 09:25:05 +0200, Paul Sand <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>When you look through the bodybuilding forums nowdays you probably find
that
>teh typical diet looks like:
>
>150-300 g of protein per day
>100-150 g of carbs
>70-150 g of fats
>
>Many people get about half their protein (or more) from protein powders.
>I wouldn't call it healthy. It's rather the success of suplement companies
>which succeeded in making people think that the more protein the better (of
>course if it's whey or sometimes soy protein ;)).
>Some 'experts' advice now more that 2g of protein per lb of bodymass.
>
>Paul Sand

I always wonder what these figures mean in terms of real food they eat?

Taking the upper protein and fat figures, that could come from
2 lbs of chicken breast from my calculation (am I right?). I would guess
these guys eat more in equivalent terms (not more chicken breast
necesarily, just more in all to get higher protein).

Philip Thrift
http://www.paleofitness.com