From:
Madeline Stratton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 16:56:06 EDT
I would like to be able to make my own mayonnaise, using quality oils such as
extra-virgin olive, flaxseed oil, maybe some nut oils. I realize this is
still not purist paleo, but it is certianly better than the partially
hydrogenated crap that is available comercially. Presently we use Spectrum
Naturals, which has no hydrogenated oil, but is still made from canola and
soy oils, and is extremely expensive. My question is, how do you deal with
the salmonella threat from using raw eggs? Can the eggs be soft boiled long
enough to make them safe, and still be used successfully in the mayonnaise?
Thanks,
Maddy Mason
Hudson Valley, NY