From:
John Holman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 11:22:42 +1100
> For me, personally, the best evidence of what our truly natural diet should be
> comes from watching other primates.  Nearly all of them eat some amount of
> fruits and vegetables.

I agree. I think our dog (another true omnivore) is very Paleo in her diet.
She eats a more than 90 percent protein/fat diet (mostly chicken wings
including the bones and whole raw egg, including the shell).  She also eats
fruit and veg and nuts, but in small quantities and the fruit has to be ripe
and veg has to be mashed otherwise it comes out looking very similar to how
it went in.  She's been on that diet since she was weened.  To say she looks
healthy is an understatement.  Her coat is magnificent and her energy,
alertness and agility are VERY high (BTW she's nearly 1 year old and solely
a house pet). I've had many dogs over the years but have never fed them like
this and the difference is noticeable and pleasing.

John Holman