From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 05:54:03 -0500
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:57, Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>My firm did an extensive research project involving water treatment
>systems and I learned a lot about them.

<snip>

>The issue with all water filters and softeners in general is that they
>get quickly colonized by various bacteria.
<snip>

>Changing the filter routinely is one answer, but the filters almost all
>use some type of anti-microbial compounds in the filters. The usual one
>is silver, but others contain copper. These are not paleo. I have no
>idea how much leaches into the water, probably not much but if you drink
>a lot of water it is of some concern. You can't get away from chemicals.

Thanks for this info, Richard

I am of the view that most people take water far too much for granted,
while i regard it as central to nutrition (and, of course, Paleo
nutrition).  I tried to raise some interest here a couple of years ago,
but the interest was minimal.

I am torn between water distillation on the one hand and the theories of
Viktor Schauberger on the other.  To my rational, scintific 21st century
mind, distilled water appears to be the most paleo.

But Schauberger finds much more in water than H2O.  Here's one of the
better Schauberger sites:

http://www.frank.germano.com/viktorschauberger.htm

The following is an extract:

"Apart from the more familiar categories of water, there are, according to
Viktor Schauberger, as many varieties of water as there are animals and
plants. Were water merely the sterile, distilled H2O as claimed by
science, it would be poisonous to all living things. H2O or 'juvenile
water' is sterile, distilled water and devoid of any so-
called 'impurities'. It has no developed character and qualities. As a
young, immature, growing entity, it grasps like a baby at everything
within reach. It absorbs the characteristics and properties of whatever it
comes into contact with or has attracted to itself in order to grow to
maturity. This "everything" - the so-called "impurities"- takes the form
of trace elements, minerals, salts and even smells! Were we to drink pure
H2O constantly, it would quickly leach out all our store of minerals and
trace elements, debilitating and ultimately killing us. Like a growing
child, juvenile water takes and does not give. Only when mature, i.e. when
suitably enriched with raw materials, is it in a position to give, to
dispense itself freely and willingly, thus enabling the rest of life to
develop. "

This makes some Paleo sense to me.  What do you think?

Keith