From:
Bernard Lischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 17:37:52 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: PAUL TOWNLEY-SMITH <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, May 25, 1999 2:34 PM
Subject: Re: [P-F] NBC Dateline

>My problem with this presentation is that they talked about it as a "diet"
>rather than a lifestyle, and focussed on using it to lose weight.  I had
>hoped to see more about how paleo living improves our overall health and
>helps people with specific conditions-those testimonials might have been
>handy here-ie. keeping those of us with arthritis pain free.  Oh well, as
>someone said, maybe in future presentations.
>Kerry

I agree.  I thought that the dateline presentation was total crap, but
that's what I expected.  I was glad, however, to see Cordain's printer-paper
demonstration.  Very amusing (and informative).  I'll bet he takes all of
his students on a field-trip to the library for this one, and I hope he
continues to do so.  Anyway, I guess that it's impossible for a ten minute
prime-time spot to go any deeper than that, so they ended up with this lame
focus on weight loss fadism, and the equally lame rebutal interview with the
NYU woman.

B. Lischer