From:
Dave Fobare <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 12:17:27 -0400
My wife & I have been mulling over our Goliath's diet lately. He's a 2.5
year old black lab mix. Over the summer he has begun to slow down a bit and
it has me concerned. We recently spoke to a breeder who actually warned us
*off* Eukanuba, which we've fed him since we found him at 8 weeks. He
recommended Pro Plan Lamb & Rice, with an occasional supplement of mackerel
or salmon for his coat. But I'd certainly prefer more of a paleo-styled
diet if I can swing it.

But our vet sez the same thing about the premium brands(Eukanuba, Science
Diet, etc) -- "the science is solid". It really is tough to know what to
do. There must be some sort of online resource to get us kick-started.

Dave Fobare