From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:20:38 -0400
On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Balzer, Ben wrote:

> I'm saying all high protein diets are pre-ordained to failure unless you add
> organ meats and preferably marrow too. If the food would kill a brown dog,
> why wouldn't it kill you? The work around for people who don't like liver
> must include sources of omega 3 and B-vitamins, but like most work-arounds
> this is not as good as the real thing. Your work around is good- I take a
> B-complex if I haven't been getting enough liver (I always have lots of
> fish), and this helps keep my coat shiny :-).

Another workaround is dessicated liver, which can be bought in
some health food stores.  Since it is dessicated, a small amount
is significant.

I am uncertain, however, whether the protein ceiling is likely to
be a vitamin/catalyst bottleneck.  I'd like to know more about
what the dogs' symptoms prior to death were.

Todd Moody