Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 18:39:15 -0400
tom roberts said:
>>I like eggs. I always eat at least three for breakfast and sometimes
another three for dinner. I fry or scramble them and the never bother
me. But if I hard boil them they always, every time, give me an upset
stomach and leave a metallic aftertaste. ( I use a stainless steel pot,
but I have been told it will not interact with foods). It's like they
set heavy on my stomach and don't want to digest.

>>Does anyone else have this experience and what could be the reason for
it? I would love to have the convenience of taking eggs along as a
sncak, as I travel quite a bit.

You may be overcooking them. If the yolk has a greenish ring, you've
overcooked them--a common practice.  Try reducing the amount of time you
hard boil them.  Bring eggs to boil (in shell) in a pot of cold water.  When
boiling for 1 minute, turn off heat.  Let stand for 10-15 minutes, then
immerse in cold water for 10 minutes, then rinse and peel.

Chef Rachel (hehe!)