From:
Thomas Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 10:13:51 +0900
On Thursday, Dec 9, 2004, at 07:16 Asia/Tokyo, Adam Schwartz wrote:

> I've started eating a paleo diet to see if it would help some minor
> health
> problems including dry skin and frequent urination (I've been tested
> for
> prostate conditions and diabetes--both negative).  I've been on the
> diet (not
> 100 percent perfectly) for about a month and notice no changes. Also, I
> haven't lost weight, but actually gained a few pounds. (I'm 48 years
> old,
> 5'9", 174 lbs.) I do notice not feeling so hungry by mid-morning which
> is very
> nic

5'9" and 174 isn't terribly overweight if some of that is muscle. A lot
of people on paleo report gaining weight, or slimming while keeping the
same weight because they are gaining muscle.

I had some nice changes, fewer migraines, a lot fewer. Less joint pain
from old injuries, better skin, better teeth, better digestion with no
constipation, diarrhea, gas attacks as I had when eating bread and
milk. One big one was reduced sensitivity to pollen. I hardly notice
the pollen seasons now, but I had to take drugs before. So I can sleep
much better, no dry mouth from mouth breathing. Lots of 'minor' things
that add up to feeling a lot better most of the time.