From:
tsayonah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 07:30:32 -0500
Irene, I too remember Mom's liver 'n' onions.  Almost
inedible, always served with gravy & mashed pots.  Ugh!

You have a good tender meat with which to begin, not big
vessels etc.  Cook LIGHTLY, sauté gently just until the
juices begin to rise well, turn and cook the other side the
same.  Place in warm oven while sautéing the onion and then
adding the juice or wine.  Reduce this gently so you don't
have to add any thickening.  Serve.  Your entree should be
fork tender and almost melt in your mouth.  This will NOT
work with the typical grain finished beef liver but does
work well with chicken livers. With them, try bacon crumbles
instead of onion. Yummy!!  PS, I too love pate and
traditional Jewish "chopped liver."

--
   Elisi Tsayonah, AniWodi, ghigau,
   St Francis River Band of Cherokee