Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 2009 17:01:08 -0400
Kenneth Anderson wrote:
> Following the reactions to “How fire made us human” it seems that
> this Paleofood Digest” is irrevocably devoted to a raw meat, no carb
> diet, with only a few rarely heard other voices.

Works for me and others. There must be some who fail to thrive on it
given a fair chance, but I have not heard of them.

> Cordain's diet deserves the title Paleodiet, even if a few isolated
> hunters ate mainly raw food.

Title? Aaargh! This should not be a popularity contest. A diet should be
what people ate, not what someone claimed that they ate.

   It was Human to develop fire and cook
> our meat, it was mainly Prehuman to eat raw meat.

"To err is human", but also self-destructive. See Kouchakoff, Mercola on
raw meat etc. The  assumption seems to be that paleolithic man was as
stupid as neolithic.

  Those of you who
> have health conditions which only respond to raw meat seem to be
> making a virtue of a fault.

Those who have good health also respond well to raw zero carb. I see
nothing wrong with food that supports the immune system and does no harm.

Cordain's diet contains anti-nutrients.

William