From:
Lurisia Dale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:17:10 -0800
> This makes sense from a paleo perspective.  I can easily imagine a paleo
> person eating a diet of mostly meat/fat.  Then one day they are lucky and
> come across a thicket of berries, honey, etc.  They then would pig out on
> this gold mine of food.  And then go back to their diet of mostly meat/fat.

This is also common wisdom in the body building world.  Carbohydrate cycling is
one of the most powerful methods for prolonged fat loss.  In the incarnation
I've learned about and practiced, you eat moderately low carb (and moderately
low calorie too) for about 3-4 days, and then increase your carb intake (though
not to the point of pigging out) for 1-2 days, and then begin again.  This keeps
up your metabolism in general and also insures that your body's ability to
metabolize carbohydrates, in particular, does not diminish.