From:
Madeline Mason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 12:50:03 EDT
In a message dated 8/19/02 11:15:49 AM,Mel Pegg <[log in to unmask]> writes:

<<  I'll mention the diet if I feel it's relevant at the time I
think.   >>

Hi Mel,

One way to simplify the "diet thing" with doctors is to simply say, "I eat a
very healthy diet and have cut out all junk food. I don't eat any chips,
sugar, sodas, fried stuff, or that sort of junk. I eat lots of fish, and
poultry and tons of fresh fruits and vegetables."

That is probably enough. If the doctor presses you any further, for example,
about milk and whole grains, you could simply say that stuff doesn't agree
with you, and you feel better without it. If he goes on about calcium, etc.
you could respond (quite truthfully) that such things as almonds, broccoli
and sardines have more calcium than milk.

HTH!

Maddy Mason
Hudson Valley, NY