From:
"Ron Hoggan, Ed. D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 09:38:15 -0700
Hi Jim,
Sure, there are many complexities inherent in this question. However, I
continue to challenge Cordain's stated position that: "Without them, there
would be worldwide starvation of an unprecedented proportion. we have
wandered down a path of absolute dependence upon cereal grains, a path from
which there is no return."

That's a pretty rigid position for Dr. Cordain to take. Anyone who has
cultivated a vegetable garden and a bit of cereal grain will know that grain
cultivation is much less efficient on a per-acre basis. I'll certainly grant
that there are economic and waste considerations that mitigate against my
position, but I doubt that they would approach offsetting the differences in
crop production.

Best Wishes,
Ron