From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Nov 2005 08:58:20 -0500
Hi Greg;

I eat the Omega 3 eggs from Burnbrae Farms (packing done in Lyn, ON, St
Zotique QC, or Winnipeg MB). I am living in Ottawa.  I sometimes eat
free-run and try to buy according to latest due date.

Website  http://www.burnbraefarms.com/home.htm

Their Nutrition Facts (size: large, 50g) according to panel to container:

Percent sign is RDA.

Calories:      70
Total Fat     4.5g  7%
Sat Fat      1g     6%
Trans Fat     0
Polyunsaturated  1g
O-6        0.7g
O-3        0.4g
Mono     1.5g

Cholsterol  190mg
Sodium  55mg  2%
Total carb     0g
Fibre     0g
Sugars    0g
Protein    6g

Vit A    8%
Vit C    0%
Calcium 2%
Iron     4%
Vit E    50%
Thiamine  2%
Riboflavin 15%
Niacin     6%
Vit B6      2%
Folate     15%
Vit B12      30%
Pantothenate   15%
Phosphorus   6%
Magnesium  2%
Zinc  4%
Selenium   30%

They also state on the package: 75mg DHA Omega 3 per egg and "no medication
or antibiotics in the feed".

Anyhow, I do find them some of the most delicious eggs I have ever eaten but
with generally a stronger taste, and a darker yellow colour in the yolk. But
I usually eat them soft-boiled and the full flavour is somewhat lessened. A
friend who eats hard-boiled said that he found them a little too strong
tasting so they may not be for everyone.

I would agree with you about balance in fats with wild food, of course,
having the more optimum ratios.

Marilyn