From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:29:14 -0700
If you look back at the 'general' bodybuilding diet
from the 60's and 70's (and early 80's) it was
actually pretty paleo. With the exceptions of some
milk products (which has been argued here recently
could be considered at least 'semi' paleo), oatmeal,
rice, and an occasional potato or two, they almost
always recommended a lot of meat and fish, and were
always very skimpy on the carbs (even the few
vegetarian BB's).

In the 80's and 90's the high carb/low fat craze took
over, and I think some political correctness was
injected into the 'industry' (animal rights).

More recently, a lot of bodybuilders have been
returning to a lower carb diet, or at least a more
balanced approach (Zone, Iso-caloric). The proof - of
the protein powders and bars on the market now, I
would guess close to half are labeled 'low carb'. Even
EAS and MetRx are getting into low carb products
(previously both disciples of the low-fat cult). And,
at my gym, all the talk is low-carb - even from the
previously misinformed and mislabeled 'nutritionists'.

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com