From:
Michael Raiti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 08:27:27 -0500
There was something I heard, I believe on NPR, a while back about the
"Amish Diet".  The key to the diet was that if a person walked 10,000
steps a day (5 miles) that it didn't matter what they ate, they would
lose weight.  I have a friend who was 6'3" and about 400 pounds.  He
started walking 1 hour a day and eating chicken, fish and veggies
only.  The last time that I saw him (I only see him about 1 a year
since I have moved) his weight was down to about 250- 260.  Dorian
Yates, when he was in competitive bodybuilding, would walk every day
about 2 hours after dinner.  He said walking was the best pure fat
burning exercise.  So I think that to get results eating paleo you
have to also consider creating within your own physiology optimal
conditions to respond to food.  You can do everything perfectly in
terms of eating paleo meals and yet if you don't have the activity to
stimulate hormones and metabolic enzymes your efforts will be greatly
limited.

Mike