From:
Jean Risman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 00:49:00 -0400
> I'm not nuts about fish per se it, either, but LOVE salmon.  To make it
even
> better, drizzle with oil of choice and put some fresh dill on top; makes
it
> even better!

I love fish. It has been a staple of my diet for a long time. I live in
Maine so I guess it comes with the territory. Sadly I discovered about 3
months ago that I had high levels of mercury in my blood. My alternative
type MD told me that I should cut out all seafood. I know that I was eating
swordfish once a week and that is a fish high on the food chain so
particularly apt to harbor high levels of mercury. I am thinking of adding
some fish back into my diet, but it worries me. Although this paleo diet has
done wonders for my long suffering gut, it hasn't help my energy level yet,
which is somewhere near the level of a slug. My doc thinks it is because I
am detoxing from mercury (taking some supplements, not paleo I know, but
maybe necessary to get the mercury out). So while the 2 of you struggle to
get fish in your diet, I am mourning it's absence. I am taking an omega 3
supplement but it's just not the same as eating fish.

Jean